- What is YogiPlay?
- YogiPlay is a break-though mobile learning app platform and personalized recommendation engine for children and their families.
1. Meaningful insight into their children’s app learning and play
2. Customized app recommendations tailored to their children and
3. Access to quality, fun learning apps that engage, motivate and inspire children to learn.
- What age is YogiPlay designed for?
- YogiPlay is designed specifically for apps for children from ages 3 to 8.
- What is YogiPlay’s mission?
- YogiPlay’s mission is to help families turn smart-phones and tablets into true learning devices for their children!
- Is YogiPlay free?
- YogiPlay is free for families! The only charge is if you decide to purchase recommended apps, but you remain in control of that decision.
- Who founded YogiPlay?
- YogiPlay was founded by Cedric and Michal Sellin.
As Stanford graduates, engineers and most importantly parents of three young children, the Sellins saw an opportunity to turn mobile devices into smart learning tools for children.
- How does YogiPlay work?
- YogiPlay is simple to use. First complete the YogiPlay parent sign up process and account set-up. Then select the YogiPlay-boosted learning apps that are most appropriate for your child. You can choose these fun apps by curriculum skills like Literacy and Arts & Music, among others.
As your child begins to play with YogiPlay-boosted apps, the YogiPlay adaptive-learning engine will give you insight into your child’s mobile experiences, and begin to make recommendations for other meaningful apps your child should explore.
You can get all of these benefits by tapping the “YP” Parent Center icon in the homepage of all YogiPlay-boosted apps.
- How do you choose which apps to recommend?
- YogiPlay's team of learning and education experts - with more than 100 years’ experience - personally reviews apps using rigorous selection criteria, founded on a broad-based learning curriculum, to provide parents with age-specific recommendations.
- What categories of learning apps does YogiPlay recommend?
- YogiPlay recommends age-appropriate apps for children in the following categories, including:
Arts & Music
Learning for Life
- How is YogiPlay different from other mobile learning companies?
- YogiPlay is different from other mobile learning companies in three ways:
1) YogiPlay is device and platform agnostic – In plain English, that means that YogiPlay works for most of the major mobile devices available, such as Apple’s iPhone & iPad, Android smart-phones and tablets and e-reader devices like the Kindle from Amazon and the Nook from Barnes & Noble.
2) All of YogiPlay’s age-appropriate content is reviewed, tested, classified (by subject or curriculum group) and leveled (by age) by our educational experts. So YogiPlay makes it easy for parents to find the right content to meet each child’s needs.
3) YogiPlay’s proprietary adaptive-learning engine consolidates insight on your child’s play and learning progress across devices, then makes customized recommendations for other apps to explore, tailored to each child
- Will YogiPlay to sell to my children (via in-app purchases, for example)?
- YogiPlay believes strongly that all parent features (including app purchasing) should be seen by parents, not by children. We do not market or advertise to your children in app. When you visit the password-protected parent center, only you can see personalized recommendations for apps. You remain in control of any purchase decisions!
- Where does YogiPlay get its content?
- YogiPlay has a robust partnership program with quality mobile learning app developers and content partners who prefer the premium YogiPlay experience for distributing their content.
- How is YogiPlay funded?
- YogiPlay is a venture-backed company funded by DN Capital.
- Why the name "YogiPlay"?
- "Yogi", because we were inspired by the holistic introspection of yoga; we want parents to get true, deep insight into their kids' mobile learning.
"Play", because that's what young kids want to do and how they learn.
YogiPlay: mobile fun and learning for your family!